Come support a local microfinance lender and see an inspiring play all in one evening! Microloans for Mothers, a San Diego based microfinance institution, is a planning a special theatre night on June 6th. The play, Extraordinary Chambers, by David Wiener tells the inspiring story of an American couple who travel to Cambodia for a business trip [...]
The International Rescue Committee is seeking to hire a Microenterprise Program Manager to work in their office located in San Diego, CA. The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. The IRC Microenterprise Program supports refugees to start and expand their own businesses by [...]
Presentation: Microfinance Transparency (March 13, 2013) Pricing transparency is a key issue in the effective implementation of domestic and international microfinance. Please join us for a lively presentation & discussion with Chuck Waterfield of Microfinance Transparency. Chuck will address topic such as: Why charge interest? What is a fair interest rate? How do loan products offered by different MFIs compare? [...]
Celebrating 5 years of furthering the reach and efficacy of microfinance in our region, the San Diego Microfinance Alliance continues to strive for greater innovation and collaboration. Hear from dynamic, internationally-acclaimed presenters as they share innovative ideas that are affecting positive social change today. Chris Crane, of Edify Inc. is a leader in international microfinance and [...]
- Microfinance Job Opportunity: Edify
- Accion San Diego is Hiring!
- Film Screening: Bonsai People
- Training Opportunity: Ending Poverty by Developing People
- 2012 Summit: Videos & Photos!
- Where’s the Money? Expo on Saturday, May 5th
- Bonsai People: A film about microcredit
- City Heights Earth Day Celebration, April 21st
- New article in the San Diego Business Journal about the 2012 Summit
- March IRC Entrepreneur of the Month